3D Graphics Engineer / Procedural Mesh Manipulation Expert Wanted!
We created Action Face to turn you and your loved ones into badass action heroes. Action Face is the first-ever mobile app that allows users to customize an action figure of themselves with a geometrically accurate face and receive a premium, color action figure in the mail within 2 weeks.
Our tech pipeline bridges 3D scanning, video game tech, and delivery to your doorstep! Action Face is a seed stage startup. Our proprietary technology starts with a quick and easy 3D face scan from your phone, then lets you customize your action figure in an immersive game-like experience. Your collectible full color 3D printed figures are delivered to your door. Our executive team has launched multi-billion dollar digital and physical products in the toy and video game industries.
3D Graphics Engineer / Procedural Mesh Manipulation Expert (Senior/Principal level role)
- Ability to formulate multiple solution options to abstract and challenging problems
- Curiosity and a passion for learning new things
- Senior/principal level requiring experience in areas such as 3D mesh manipulation, 3D asset automation, texture processing, voxels, and/or shaders (glsl, hlsl, etc.)
- Procedural mesh manipulation expertise (ideally experience with heads or faces)
- Ability to automate procedural mesh and texture manipulation
- Ideally experience with, or a desire to learn Python/Blender and Unity/C#
- Ability to assess pros and cons of different processes in terms of speed, memory use, visual quality, and robustness
- This is an individual contributor role and you will be communicating regularly with business and tech stakeholders
This is an opportunity to make a huge impact on an innovative product! Salary is competitive with Lead and Principal Engineer level roles at top tech companies. You’ll be working on innovative technology in an untapped market, directly with studio leaders who’ve launched some of the biggest and most innovative tech products of recent decades.
We were a distributed company before the pandemic. Our team members are distributed across the United States and the Americas. This is a full-time position and applicants can be located anywhere in the US.